Monday, September 27, 2010

Where Have I Been? September 27, 2010

Hi Everyone,

Actually, I didn't mean to be a non-blogger for these past couple of weeks...during my last chemo (September 20), I was on my iPad giving you a blow-by-blow description of what happens from IV stick to lab draw to chemo.  I discovered, however, that the iPad isn't completely compatible with this blog program and I was unable to save a portion, return to it, and still have all the tools available to me to continue writing.  I thought I saved what I had written, but it isn't posted on the site today so I think that effort was totally lost.  Oh well!

My first round of Taxol was really lousy. Several medication changes were made for the last one which helped a lot.  A new stomach medicine so I have less upset and can eat some.  More steroids so the really achy, flu part of things is reduced in the first week.  The result was that I did feel better last week - in fact I was able to WORK on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday!  I actually got something done! 

Unfortunately, the slide started on Friday (which was still an OK day, just not a working day) and continued through the weekend.  Not as bad, however, as the first round...tired, bone achy and quite dizzy.  I spent much of the weekend on the couch watching college and NFL football - ask me who won out of our state teams...not many!  Nebraska won, though!

Time is going by quickly.  Hard to believe it's the end of September!  I have two more chemo treatments and then I'm done!  After the chemo is rest for about a month or six weeks.  I'm really hoping to get back on my feet then.  Am starting to make decisions about where to get radiation - San Mateo through the same program or Sacramento.  I'm lucky enough to have family/friends with homes in both locations - it helps a lot as I'll be able to consult with both doc groups and get a sense of who will be best to work with.

Sorry for the break in communication!  I hope you are all doing well, enjoying apple pie and other wonderful fall goodies.  BTW: for those of you who live up north as we do, did you know that Michelle at Vita Cucina makes the BEST blackberry pie ever!  It was my birthday "cake" earlier this month and I've never had pie so good!  Try other kinds too...I'm sure they're fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. Susan,
    I think I need to make a blackberry pie! Glad this round isn't as tough for you. Have you considered radiation in Eureka? I know several people that did well. Hugs.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about you lady! sending you some sunshine... I gotta admit, I did miss your blogs! :) Take care amiga... HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete